· Assisting the CTO and Product Managers in developing the frontend of Reef.io
· Creating and shaping the backend and data management systems
· Designing, Implementing and Testing new Functionalities and concepts, including integrating external APIs and GIS tools
· Have basic leadership skills and be able to set the course within your area of expertise.
· Advise and support development teams on efficient and secure application deployment practices
· Solve problems in a fast-paced, technical environment using the newest technologies.
· Develop processes and infrastructure with understandability, testability and maintainability in mind.
· Get motivated by modern tools and technologies, and be able to manage the adoption of these technologies towards the rest of the team.
· Challenge ideas and methods while working together with talented, highly skilled team members.
Related tasks are:
- Training data review and curation
- Statistical analysis of detection results
- Literature review on similar projects.
· Currently in MSc, PhD or recent graduate (We do accept BSC students, but on very rare occasions) in AI, computer science, mechanical engineering or other studies that involve programming and/or software engineering.
· Some experience with Database Management Systems and API integrations
· Some experience with Web and Frontend development
· Some knowledge on GIS and remote sensing
· Basic marine knowledge is a plus!
· Python API w/ flask
· Machine learning using Keras and Tensorflow
· React JS
Deployment: Docker + DigitalOcean
· Curious, creative, and determined to deliver
· Performs well in a fast-paced and challenging environment
· Not afraid for a deep dive in technical matters
· Eye for detail
· Flexible team player
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Honest and Diligent
· Kind and Caring
· Good Communication Skills
· 20 hours per week, Internship contract
· Hybrid working (remote + office in Noordwijk for 1-3 days a week when necessary)
· Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location.
· The opportunity to be at the basis of a high-tech computer vision and GIS platform.
· Have a real impact, on both our software, the oceans and the living conditions of thousands of people.
· A great ambitious team to work in.
· Reef Support has fantastic office environment, with lots of plants.
· A flat and informal organisation with regular drinks and events to keep the team spirit going!
If selected to be part of the team, you will be working alongside UI/UX designers, GIS specialists, marine scientists and conservationists. This will be a internship where you will practice entrepreneurship, teamwork, and dive deep into bioinformatics, product development and software engineering. You will also be part of a close-knitted family of brilliant minds all working to understand more about our oceans everyday, and helping the world see the same.